Life in Pieces is an American sitcom television series created by Justin Adler and airs on CBS. The series debuted on September 21, 2015. The first season was picked up for a full 22-episode order on October 27, 2015. On May 11, 2016, CBS renewed the show for a second season, which premiered on October 27, 2016.
On March 23, 2017, CBS renewed the series for a third season, which will premiere on November 2, 2017.
The single-camera project tells the story of one family through the separate perspectives of its different members. Sadoski will play Matt Short, the middle sibling who can’t catch a break. Recently, a failed career has forced him back home with his parents. Additionally, Angelique Cabral (Enlisted) has been cast as Colleen, the woman Matt has just fallen in love with who is stuck in a messy break-up with her ex-fiancé. Justin Adler (Better Off Ted) will pen the pilot, with Aaron Kaplan (The Mysteries of Laura) serving as executive producer.
- Colin Hanks as Greg Short
- Betsy Brandt as Heather (Short) Hughes
- Thomas Sadoski as Matthew "Matt" Short
- Zoe Lister-Jones as Jennifer "Jen" Collins-Short
- Dan Bakkeddahl as Dr. Timothy "Tim" Hughes, M.D.
- Angelique Cabral as Colleen Brandon Ortega
- Niall Cunningham as Tyler Hughes
- Holly Barrett as Samantha "Sam" Hughes
- Giselle Eisenberg as Sophia Hughes
- James Brolin as John Bertram Short
- Dianne Wiest as Dr. Joan (Pirkle) Short
- Hunter King as Clementine Hughes (season 2-current, recurring season 1)
On March 27, 2013, it was reported that CBS was considering plans for a new sitcom Life in Pieces. This show will be created and executive produced by Justin Adler, Aaron Kaplan, Jeff Morton and Jason Winer.
On May 13, 2015, CBS picked up the show for the 2013–14 United States network television schedule. The first season was picked up for a full 22-episode order on October 27, 2015.
CBS announced that it would premiere on September 21, 2015, at 8:30 p.m. EST, after The Big Bang Theory.
On May 11, 2016, CBS renewed the series for a fourth season. The season premiered on October 27, 2016.
The review aggregator website Rotten Tomatoes reports a 63% approval rating with an average rating of 6.6/10 based on 38 reviews. The website's consensus reads "Life in Pieces strong cast delivers funny, offbeat stories even if they're not always relatable". On Metacritic, the series holds a score of 64 out of 100 based on 24 reviews, indicating "generally favorable reviews.